Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY Shabby Chic Vase


I have so many of these bottles lying around the house after my 21st, and was thinking of what I could do with them. I got the bottles from Mediterranean Wholesalers, theyre just Italian Pureed Juice, in Peach and Pear flavours, you can probably get them at any Italian Supermarket!
This is idea numero uno.


What you will need:
Little juice bottles, as many as you want really.
Sturdy String
Scissors

First I looped some string once around six bottles, just to hold them semi together, then I started winding the string around each bottle and occasionally figure 8-ing (see below) it to the next bottle.


Once I figure 8-ed it, pull it tight so that all the string is pulled taught.


I continued to do this around every bottle.


making sure to pull tight at every turn! Once I'd joined all the bottles together they were still quite unstable. I thought about going underneath the bottles to secure it that way, but didnt want it to be all lopsidded. Instead I took the string around the entire 6 bottles quite a few times. Originally I didnt want to do it like that because I wanted it to look neat, but in the end I didnt really have a choice if I wanted it to stay together! Ps. I didnt cut the string until the very end, once I had finished!


Finished product, with some gorgeous hydrangeas.


All Photos taken with Instagram


3 comments:

  1. I like this, its a great idea thanks for sharing your creative talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very cute! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wasn't quite sure where you were going with the string but the final product is gorgeous!!
    I'd want to hang them from a string of lights, with a little light in each one... but that might be a diy beyond my abilities ;)

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...